Friday, February 02, 2007

Back with a rant! I have a theory and it is this: people have no idea how to use the various homophones of "your". In the past week or so, I can't say that I've seen it used correctly by a single person on the Internet. Of course, the people who you'd expect to use it right do- news articles, the blogs I read, etc. I haven't seen anyone who is just an average Joe Internet denizen use it correctly! When you're supposed to use the contraction as a substitution for "you are," people use "your". When you're using it as a possessive pronoun, people use "you're". It never fails! I'm starting to get suspicious at this point that they're deliberately using the exact opposite of what is right 100% of the time...

YOU'RE AND YOUR

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger Grenade71822 said...

Well there are a lot of big words in that post but i think they are doing it on purpose to piss you off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home